City, State, Zip
Existing Web Address or Intended Web Address
Who are the primary contacts from your organization and who have final approval on the project? Please list names, titles, email addresses, and phone numbers.
What is your intended launch date for the new Website? Are there any outside considerations which may affect the schedule (i.e., PR launch, tradeshow, annual report)?
What is your expected budget range for this project?
2,500 - 4,999
5,000 - 9,999
10,000 - 19,999
20,000 - 49,999
50,000 - 99,999
100,000 - 249,999
250,000 - 499,999
500,000 - 999,999
Audience and Desired Action
1. What is the primary action the user should take when coming to your Website (make a purchase, call for more information, become a member, search for information)?
2. Describe a typical user your Website should target. How often is the user online, and what does he generally use the web for? How old is the user and what does he do for a living? Use as much detail as possible in profiling your target user. Profile more than one type if appropriate.
3. What are the key reasons why the target user chooses your company’s products and/or services (cost, service, value)?
Current Website (if applicable)
1. Do you feel your current Website promotes a favorable user experience? Why or why not?
2. What specific areas of your current Website do you feel are successful? Why are they successful?
3. What shortcomings exist with the current Website, and what would you change on the Website today if you could?
4. Have you conducted usability tests or gathered user feedback for your current Website? If so, how long ago? Please include any reports or findings.
5. How important is it to maintain your current look and feel, logo, and branding?
Open to Suggestions
Does not apply / New Brand
Reasons for New Website or Redesign
1. What are the main reasons you are creating or redesigning your Website (new business model, outdated Website, expanded services, different audience)?
2. What are your primary online business objectives with the Website? What are your secondary objectives? Examples may include increased sales, marketing/branding awareness, and fewer customer service calls. Please include both long and short-term goals.
3. What is the main business problem you hope to solve with the Website? How will you measure the success of the solution?
4. What existing strategy (both on and offline) is in place to meet the new business objectives?
1. Will this Website use existing content from a current Website? If so, what is the source, who is responsible for approval, and has the content been audited? If not, will you be creating content in-house or relying on
2. What is the basic structure of the content, and how is it organized (e.g. home, contact, order, about us, etcetera)?
3. Describe visual elements or content that should be utilized from your current Website or other marketing materials. This may include logo, color scheme, navigation, and naming conventions.
4. How will the content of this Website, along with functionality and navigation, expand or differ from your current Website? Do you have an existing sitemap for the outgoing Website structure? Do you already have a sitemap or outline for the proposed redesign?
1. What is the primary goal of this project?
2. What are the secondary goals of the project?
3. What are the long-term goals?
1. How do most people find out about your current Website? What methods of distributing the Web address already exist within the company?
2. Briefly describe your short-term marketing plans, specifically, for the Website redesign and the 12 months following launch?
3. Do you have an existing or planned marketing strategy in mind to promote this Website redesign? If so, please describe.
1. How will the user know the Website has been updated? Will there be email announcements or specials tied into the Website updates?
2. Who will be responsible for continued
search engine optimization? Will you use YourNew.com for ongoing SEO?
1. How is your company or your Web presence different from your competition?
2. What specifically sets your company apart from your competition?
1. What is the overall message you are trying to convey to your target audience? For example, cost-effective, secure, reliable, efficient.
2. How will you convey the overall message? For example, effective messaging through copy, directed path towards goal, specific offer on home page.
3. How will you measure the success of the redesigned Website?
1. Use adjectives to describe how the user should perceive your new Website. Examples include prestigious, friendly, corporate, fun, forward thinking, innovative, and cutting edge. Is this different than the current image perception?
2. How is your company currently perceived offline? Do you want to carry the same kind of message through your Website?
3. How does your company differentiate itself from competitors? Do you think your current audience differentiates you from your competition? Please list competitor URLs.
4. List the URLs of any Websites you find compelling. What specifically do you like about these Websites?
State a single word or phrase that will appropriately describe the Website once it is launched.
1. What is your target platform and browser (if you know)?
3. Will you have database functionality (dynamic content generation, search capabilities, personalization/login)? Do you already have a database in place? Please describe it in detail, including specific information regarding existing programs and software.
4. Will you have a need for secured transactions ( such as
e-commerce)? Do you already offer transactions online? Please describe in detail.
5. Will you require other specific programming such as personalization or search capability? Please describe in detail.
1. Please identify whether you currently use any of the following features on your Website. Search engine, personalization (login/cookie set), registration, security features (SSL), survey/voting tools,
email newsletter distribution. Describe in as much detail as possible.
2. List any other features that you hope to add to your Website, now or in the future.
3. Are there or will there be any
ecommerce transactions on the Website (i.e., secure transactions, interface with inventory database, and fulfillment)? If yes, please describe in detail.
4. Is there or will there be login, registration, and/or personalization incorporated? If yes, please describe in detail.
5. Does the Website need to integrate with any preexisting database system? If so, what kind of database is currently being used (e.g. Access, SQL, QuickBooks, etc.)?
6. Will you be using any scripts or code that have already been established? Are they server-side or client-side (if known)? Do they require any custom software installed on the server?
7. Please list names and contact information for the current technical lead and any third-party vendors/providers that we may need to talk with to gather additional details.
1. What areas of the Website will be updated (e.g., news, photos, products, reviews, blog) and how often (e.g., daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually)?
2. How will the Website be updated? Will you be using our custom content management system or do you have a preferred CMS that you would like to use to update and deploy content? If you have a preferred content management system, please describe in detail. Will you require our
Website maintenance services?
3. If not
YourNew.com, Inc., who will be responsible for maintaining the Website from a technical standpoint, and what is this person’s technical expertise level? What experience and capabilities does he or she have? Will the person require training?
4. Who will be responsible for making graphic changes on the Website? What is his or her design expertise level?
Additional Notes / Comments
Please take as much space as you need.